National Honor Society Selction
- Candidates must be members of the Sophomore, Junior, or Senior class
- Must have been in attendance for a period of one semester at Adrian ISD
- Must have a minimum cumulative, non-modified GPA of 90
- Must display qualities of service, leadership, & character
The selection process for membership into the Adrian Chapter of the National Honor Society is as follows:
- Student's academic records shall be reviewed to determine scholastic eligibility. This will be done by the chapter adviser with help from the school counselor/principal.
- Students who are scholastically eligible shall be notified and asked to complete and submit the candidate form for further consideration or selection.
- The faculty shall be requested to evaluate candidates determined to be scholastically eligible using the official evaluation form provided by the chapter adviser.
- The faculty council shall review the candidate form and faculty evaluation in order to determine membership.
The selection of new, active members shall be held once a year, during the second semester of the school year. New members will be inducted into the chapter during a special ceremony.
An active member of the National Honor Society who transfers from this school will be given a letter indicating the status of their membership and signed by the chapter adviser or principal
An active member of the National Honor Society who transfers to this school will be automatically accepted for membership in this chapter. The transferring member will have one semester to attain the membership requirements and, thereafter, this member must maintain those requirements for this chapter in order to retain their membership.